Pretty Productive Almost-Week-Long Break (Part 2)

With the help of the missus, I was also able to finalize the Tandem album art. She helped me pick out a solid background color (I am colorblind, remember?) and a nice font for the title and track list. We actually went back to the original sketch of the album art for the title layout. Which is quite amusing because the sketch has been posted right above my desktop ever since I started working on the thing, but I never paid much attention to it after I had the line drawing on the computer.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the sixth version of this cover.

The track list art wasn’t changed from my original idea. I just changed the background color and the font to go with the cover.

The track list images are just all the layers that make up the image on the cover.

The other thing I was able to accomplish for Tandem over the break is that the album art you see above… is the one I used in the video I uploaded to Youtube!

It took me a couple of hours to finish the video because it took some time to figure out what I could and could not do with the (free version of the ) video editor I used and which options and settings work for me. But making my next videos shouldn’t be a problem now that I’ve figured those things out.”

Yep, the channel is finally up.  After almost two years. I still need to record two more tracks, but that shouldn’t be a problem. The channel and track 1 being up actually give me a pretty definite deadline for the remaining tracks. Which, for me, is a good thing so the album doesn’t get delayed any further.

Well, that’s pretty much my six-day break. Which actually means I wasn’t able to grade any of the papers I took home. Hopefully this morning I will get started on those…